Hi All,
I’m Jessie and I am happy to share My Perspective with you.
A bit about me: Western knows me as a 4th year student with a
Sociology major, Spanish minor and Professional Writing certificate. Through My
Perspective I hope to teach you a little more about who I am and what my
passions are. As well, I look forward to receiving feedback from fellow writers
and getting to know all of you this semester.
Home. What better place to start? Johanna’s blog inspired me
to share my home with you.
I have to say that this is one of my favourite pictures of
all time. Autumn in Muskoka, and especially on Lake Waseosa, is such a
beautiful time of year. This picture does only some justice to the actual
scenery. I feel very lucky to have grown up here all my life in a house that my
dad built.
My neighbour took this image from his boat on Thanksgiving
weekend 2009; I was in my second year at university. I will always remember
this date because it was the year I didn’t make it home for the long weekend.
He sent this photograph to me to say, “Look what you’re missing!” I have to
admit I definitely missed out that year on seeing this beautiful autumn colour and
my neighbour succeeded at rubbing it in my face.
When you look at this picture you will see a house, stone
steps leading down to a dock and the autumn leaves brilliantly reflected on the
water. Perhaps you can relate to this image in some way, but I can’t make you
feel the same feelings I get when I look at this picture. What I can do is try
to express my perspective.
When I look at this image I can almost smell the fresh air,
and feel the stillness of the water beneath me, as if I was the one out in the
boat taking the picture. This is my home. A lot of my great memories of
childhood occurred here. Off the end of this dock I learned to swim, dive,
water ski, canoe, fish, drive a boat, you name it. When I tell people I live in
the bush, I really do mean it. When I tell people I probably spend more time
outside than in, I mean it. And when I tell people at school that I am home
sick, it’s not necessarily because I miss my parents, or my friends, or my
sister; it’s because I miss this view, this atmosphere, this natural
environment; my home.
Thanks for reading!
Lovely picture!
ReplyDelete